The Springboard package contains the custom fields, workflow updates, page layouts, reports, etc. that are required by the various integration modules.
Checklist prior to install
- Need an Admin user name: The user installing Springboard must be an Administrator in Salesforce
- NPSP must be installed
Steps to install Springboard
- The Springboard package is available at: https://login.salesforce.com/packaging/installPackage.apexp?p0=04tF00000006u6t
- Paste this url into browser address: You should get a login screen for Salesforce.com
- Note: you may have to swap out the word "login" in the URL for the sandbox subdomain (usually test or tapp0) as appropriate when installing packages into sandbox environments.
- Login to your salesforce account: Be sure to use the username that has Admin rights.
- Click Continue.
- On the first screen, “Package Installation Details”, click Continue.
- On the "Step 1. Approve Package API Access" screen, click Next.
- On the "Step 2. Choose security level" screen, check the checkbox to "Grant access to all users" and then click Next.
- On the "Step 3. Install Package" screen, click Install.
- If there are no warnings, click Deploy Now.
- Install – Success!
- On the App Setup menu, go to Customize > Contacts > Page Layouts and confirm there is a Springboard Page Layout installed. Do the same for Customize > Opportunities > Page Layouts
- Next: Salesforce Configurations with Springboard